Sunday, April 5, 2015

Desperately in Love

Don't find love. Let love find you.

I read this is my news feed today. And it struck me. Because for awhile, I was desperately looking for love. Trying hard to make more of the relationship which I have right now.

I guess, I just long for that feeling. The feeling of having someone special. Someone to share your experiences/plans with. Someone to worry if you're not yet home when it's already late. Someone to wish you to have a great day at work. Someone to tell you how pretty you are in your dress. Someone to tell you how much he misses you. Someone to call your own.

Been feeling lonely for a time now. And to have someone, who would do those things for you even though you know they're not seriously into you, would make you feel really good. It would make you hope that, maybe, just maybe, it could turn to something else. Something deeper, not just a casual fling.

I admit being 28 and single is kinda scary. Specially, if you're the type who does see yourself spending your life with a partner and with a family. I don't even plan to progress much in my career because I really want to be a housewife and to be a stay-home mom. Some people think it's pathetic and a waste of my talent, but that's where my heart is. I am not really a corporate woman type.

The uncertainty makes you anxious and would make you take things into your own hands. You might say nothing is wrong with that. But admittedly, I know I can't trust myself. Because I am too afraid to end up alone, I try look for love at wrong places and just settle to what I can find.

Honestly, I don't have a bunch of checklist. I have a simple taste for guys. But for some reason, I tend to end up with guys who I know could harm me in the long run. I guess they can just sense my desperation and take advantage of it. Or maybe I am just so stupid and naive.

But if you'll think about your worth, you'll realize how much you deserve. After all, I was saved and seen precious by God. If you can see your true worth, you won't settle for anything less. Yes, it's hard to trust without knowing. But always know that you have a God who deeply cares and loves you so much.

I know how much love I can give and I want someone deserving to be at the receiving end. For now, I just have to wait, pray and be excited for what He has in stored for me. And definitely, I'll experience love truer and more magical that I can imagine.

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. - Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment